Pelago can provide a visa.
Pelago is looking for an experienced systems architect to lead the platform strategy and manage our core cloud systems.
Pelago is a mobile-first Asia-first platform for creating, managing and promoting social events. Our vision is to create the next-generation social events platform to attract the best audiences for organizers worldwide.
As a key member of the team you will have a direct influence on the technology design of this new platform.
▪ Work with the heads of the business, fellow technology experts and clients in the market to produce a world-class high-calibre scalable, resilient and automated platform
▪ Be the technology expert in the core team grounded with a focus on supporting the business goals
▪ Be the cloud guru who understands a distributed micro-service based architecture and can steer us on our journey to develop our platform to support the volatile volume pattern of events
▪ Work with our offsite and in house development teams to ensure the approach is in line with our cloud strategy
▪ Security of the infrastructure is key so practical skills, knowledge and experience of how to secure the infrastructure and processes is required.
In short, this is an opportunity to push your boundaries in software engineering, growing personally and professionally with a small like-minded team of entrepreneurs creating our own future. You are a passionate software development engineer with the following technical skills:
▪ The ability to understand, define, map out and document complex technical workflows and processes such as the end to end flow for event ticket selection, payment and delivery.
▪ Extensive production experience on cloud based platforms ideally Amazon AWS.
▪ Experience of building and supporting an AWS-deployed technology and business during its growth phase covering EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, SQS, SES and more.
▪ Previous experience of managing unix-based web system configuration and setup using Apache, nginx & bash script ▪ Extensive knowledge of web technologies and database interface implementations and their application to high performance systems ▪ Knowledge of database technology (MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
▪ Experience using GitHub for software development and release management
▪ Experience of manual and automated testing and continuous integration are desired
▪ Proven ability to architect applications from concept to deployment and support.
▪ Knowledge of Android & IOS fundamentals is an advantage.
▪ A degree in computer science or equivalent experience
▪ 2 years or more system architecture and unix web platform support experience ▪ Strong level of English. Cantonese and/or Mandarin a plus.
Why do you care about this opportunity?
▪ Fabulous career potential with a funded startup with accelerating growth and expansion
▪ Great opportunity with competitive salary including stock options
▪ A new start-up with creative buzz, flexibility, opportunity, fun and sense of purpose We look forward to meeting you!
You will be working with   Bob Bunger, CEO .
Equity part is negotiable.
Salary range / month :  Negotiable
Startups have different perks to offer to talent. Here is their allocation of 100 points.
Flexible Role and Responsability
Impact on Society
Created on: 2016/03/16
This job has expired.
Recommend to a friend
Join exciting startups on Saturday May 20th at Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Wanchai.
The Hong kong Startup scene has grown tremendously in the past few years, attracting entrepreneurs and talent over the world.
Co-organised by HKTDC and WHub, Start-ups Meet Talent aims to connect talented job seekers with the best HK-based startups.
This event will bring together undergraduates, graduate students, and seasoned professionals to one event, exclusively for start-ups.